As we discussed in April, there are a few items we want to cover in the Training.
Please provide us with your comments by May 3rd! Looking forward to hearing from you.
(I) History & Introduction
– History of donor selection, eligibility criteria, the precautionary principle.
– Findings from WP4 – differences across countries, lack of Best Practices, the Directives, Guides (the majority can be taken from the WP4 report and organize the lessons based on the SoHOs and general findings)
(II) General Principles (still in a Draft form, Christina will work on finishing this in the coming weeks)
– Importance of donor selection and protection principles
Ethics – the balance between risk and benefits
– Common risks (risks that have been addressed for Blood will now be addressed by Plasma, Tissues & Cells)
– SoHO specific risks (top 10 risks for all other SoHOs)
– How did we come to these risks?
a. Donors and recipients – lists of risks. How do you assess and provide evidence
Risk mitigation – the DHQ
b. Creating a type of “toolbox” where you can select general questions and the specific questions for your SoHO